Author Topic: NEW..Bought 1999 EH Super X from Dick Messer who Passed - Problem starting Bike  (Read 2939 times)

jjbourdon

Dick Messer, a friend passed his wife was moving to live with her parents sold his bike to me.  It has been sitting for 4 yrs in his garage due to Dick's battle with cancer then his passing.

I was able to start it and drive it to my home less than 5 blocks.  After that it won't start?  I put the battery on charge, drained the tank, put new gas in and fuel injection cleaner with no success.

Called all around San Bernardino County area and cannot find any mechanic or solutions on how to get the bike running.

Any suggestion on what I can do or if anyone knows of a mechanic I can take the bike to?
I live in Colton California.

Thank you for your suggestions

Jerry B

Offline wytfut

• XHRC Rider Moderator
  • XH Rider XXXXX
  • What goes around, comes around
    • Grandpa Grumpy Pants X world        youtube
Dick was a good man.... in fact I bought one of his X's a few years back (Deadwood Special, for my youngest son, when he graduated from Hi school). And when he passed, his wife offered the bike you have to me. Lucky you!! Congrats!!

With our X's aging.... and there appears to be quite a few that just sit, my first guess, is that the injectors got plugged up. It isn't uncommon, and I've worked on a couple of X's with injector problems already from sitting around...

Being I don't know your wrenching skills, but I'll suggest you contact Bobby Baldwin at the "Biker Shack" in Alpine Calf. ... as he does still work on X's when they show up. Bobby isn't listed as a vendor on this site... but he's in your same state... close enough, and he knows X's very well. Your next closest would be Charlie Brandon, and he's listed on this site as a vendor.

Otherwise, its really not that tough of a job. Pretty sure all of the vendors on this site have injectors, and a few have rebuilts. Also another option, if you look around here on the www, you'll notice that our injectors are the same ones that the fuelie Triumphs use. So if you have a local Triumph dealer theres another option.

I highly recommend that you pull that tank, and fuel pump.... and get it cleaned up inside there, otherwise the problem will persist and haunt you. And if you can afford it, maybe have that tank resealed.

get cornered.... give out a shout!
Bruce
Bruce
EH Rider X Moderator