Author Topic: lost engine!need help  (Read 2894 times)

lilrob

lost engine!need help
« on: September 05, 2011, 11:25:04 PM »
had bike a few months bike keeps blowing oil last owner said to just keep adding oil bought new slave cylinder kit clutch ajustment and pick up tube put all to gether checked oil level proerly by running a few minutes then setting on stand and checking was still marking alittle over so just let blow out til it stopped checked again and at level! so i road on friday most the day started sputtering and cutting out stil marking just above empty coased into gas station filled up started right up ran fine next day road it 5miles kept dieing when down shifting and at stop !! let sit about 3hrs. started right up but ran like caca. back firing and spittin and sputtering as if out of gas but still ful! got about 2miles out and died like out of gas! clutched it and it started but sputtering like not getting gas stopped and when trying to start it just clicked like the battery was died but full juice ! tried to push it in gear and wont move engine locked ??? has oil full juice in battery what the hech? no gauges turned on either! HELP!!! cant figure it out i'll part out bike! :o

Offline wytfut

• XHRC Rider Moderator
  • XH Rider XXXXX
  • What goes around, comes around
    • Grandpa Grumpy Pants X world        youtube
Re: lost engine!need help
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 08:05:52 PM »
wow... you got a lot going on there... almost makes me wonder where to start....
So I'll just piece it together...
first I"m gonna need to know how many miles... and if it has sit for any length of time other than thru a winter season.
first.... yeah they do puke oil if you try to fill full 4 quarts. .... as a rule of thumb, they will quit once oil level is where its happy. But be forwarned.... sometimes the puke isn't the regular problem... but oil pump problems... I scored both oil pumps on mine, using silicon gasket sealer... and My X puked a lot... like all but a quart. Sound like you got it down...

Second.... If it has sat, an length of time longer than a winter season, or with a half full fuel tank... I'm guessing either plugged injector, or the filter on the fuel pump either/both are gunked up. When you ran it low, it mixed up the bottom of the tank... and went on thru. And now something is plugged...

Third... Check your battery and cables very closely.... LOOK.... the freguency of our vibrations, have a tendancy to loosen battery cables.....   I highly recommend one of the vendors "memory frre" battery cables.... they don't pick up on the vibrations near as much... This third problem could also relate to the second problem.... so you may wanna do this one first.....
With the exta ordinary cranking going on as it wouldn't run well... I'm also guessing you blew a fuse or one of your relays is weak.... fuses are under the seat, relays are behind the fake oil tank. ....

check those out... lemme know what you come up with... I'll help... and if I don't know, I know where to look or send you....
Bruce
EH Rider X Moderator

lilrob

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 01:25:06 PM »
thanks i'll check those ! as far as i was told the bike was ridin once in a while now n then for yhe last four or five years last registration was 09 so not to sure!!! iv had it 2months but didnt ride it but home cuz he had the blow by tube run up under the tank and oil was everywhere so when i talked to the parts lady i then ran it out the rear! put new clutch ajuster slave gaskets new pick up tube and pimery gasket! will check those thanks!!!

Offline wytfut

• XHRC Rider Moderator
  • XH Rider XXXXX
  • What goes around, comes around
    • Grandpa Grumpy Pants X world        youtube
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 07:52:11 PM »
lemme know what you find....
Bruce
EH Rider X Moderator