Author Topic: lost engine no luck!  (Read 2926 times)

lilrob

lost engine no luck!
« on: September 13, 2011, 09:01:51 PM »
ok iv changed all 3relays behind the fake oil tank charged the battery also changed out the starter relay still no luck all power turns on everything works but when u hit the starter it just makes a clicking sound ! my second question is if i have to rebuild the engine is there a place i can get the over sized pistons n rings and how much biger can it be boared out??

Offline wytfut

• XHRC Rider Moderator
  • XH Rider XXXXX
  • What goes around, comes around
    • Grandpa Grumpy Pants X world        youtube
Re: lost engine no luck!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 09:58:58 PM »
Wow!... I'm a bit at a loss of what to say here. Never ran across a locked up X yet. again, Wow.

so, have you verified that it is truly locked up. for example, did you get it off the ground, pull the spark plugs, put in 5th gear, and try to spin it? Please ask me if you don't know how to get the spark plug boots off, but I'm taking for granted, since you got the relays replaced, you know your way around. ....

And for my benefit, ... you pull clutch in, it rolls? .... and/or netrual? just trying to make sure the tranny isn't locked up, with motor included.

If this, or what ever you came up with verifies that the motor is locked up. My resource to contact would be Jamie at Atlantic EH.... only because I've done a lot of business with him. He maybe hard to get to the phone, as he is busy, plus some personal issues going on the home front. He has helped me out a lot, when I got cornered, and will give you his time, when he has some, with pleasure... 

I'm sure, he is using an aftermarket piston on rebuilds... he'd know where/howmuch/when. If not set you up with his own stock....

And being I don't know for sure, but I'd guess strongly the other vendors listed on this site, would also have their own sources....

curious, as the cause of all this.

X's are notorious pukers, until the engine is fine with the level it wants. I did have a bad puking problem a few years back, due to the fact that both oil pumps were scored, and pumping air pressure into the engine case. Took a bit to figure it out, but it didn't lock up.....

lemme know what you find out.... got my mind a thinking... and good luck....
Bruce
EH Rider X Moderator

Offline wytfut

• XHRC Rider Moderator
  • XH Rider XXXXX
  • What goes around, comes around
    • Grandpa Grumpy Pants X world        youtube
Re: lost engine no luck!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 10:07:28 PM »
as you stated in the first post...... "its full of oil"....
no way is it gonna be locked up.... unless your oil pumps let go... and under normal riding conditions.

also with the oil puking issues you first encountered "under the tank".... did the oil soak the air filter? .....  not that this would "lock up" the engine, .... but could create other problems...

had to repost.. this one is bugging me... and I'll be thinking about it a lot.....
Bruce
EH Rider X Moderator