Author Topic: Speedo Sensor?  (Read 2565 times)

thatumf

Speedo Sensor?
« on: March 05, 2012, 09:19:44 AM »
My 99 Super  X was delivered yesterday with 620 original miles.   Speedo stopped working during 2 mile test drive.     I am seeking suggestions to resolve the problem.   Thanks

Brian
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:33:18 AM by thatumf »

Offline wytfut

• XHRC Rider Moderator
  • XH Rider XXXXX
  • What goes around, comes around
    • Grandpa Grumpy Pants X world        youtube
Re: Speedo Sensor?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 05:40:22 PM »
... As this is the first time I've seen this issue pop up.
I'm gonna guess either the speedo sensor went south, or the speedo.

You can pull your gauge pod off the top of the tank, and check that connector under there. While there, may just wanna look at the wire that coming from the speedo.... here in the flat lands Mice have been known to camp there, and reak havoc. 
If you look on this web site, there is a schematic for all the wiring. The speedo and the sensor also run the same ground as the "tilt" switch. But that ground would affect a lot more than just the speedo....

Being I've never dealt with the speedo sensor, I'm not even sure where its at. Please realize, I'm shade tree, but usually figure things out....    I'm guessing its at the terminal point on top of the casing, just above the tranny.   Obviously you'd want to check there....

lemme kno

Bruce
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 06:13:43 AM by wytfut »
Bruce
EH Rider X Moderator

Offline Jumper

• XHRC Rider Moderator
  • XH Rider XXXXX
Re: Speedo Sensor?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 08:26:05 PM »
Most likely the Speedo Sensor. Located behind the rear cylinder below the electronics cover near the neutral switch. Get your parts book out and you'll see exactly where.
Jumper