Author Topic: Ran rough...missed at higher rpms....no start  (Read 2946 times)

Mmanitoulin

Ran rough...missed at higher rpms....no start
« on: April 15, 2012, 03:48:51 PM »
Bike sat disassembled for a year while I tried to figure out the problem. Last year bike suddenly started missing at cruising speeds then stalled at idle. Put it all together this weekend with new plugs and new ignition coils. Charged batteries and she started and ran. After it was warm it started missing again at higher rpms and sneezing thru the throttlebody occasionally. Shut it down....next morning started it a took it for a ride about 1/2 city block....missed.....and after shutdown will not start at all.....can hear fuel pump run......check crank sensor with ohm meter......battery cables appear fine.....at a loss.....any ideas?

Manny

Oh.....Check engine light is on
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 03:52:31 PM by Mmanitoulin »

Offline wytfut

• XHRC Rider Moderator
  • XH Rider XXXXX
  • What goes around, comes around
    • Grandpa Grumpy Pants X world        youtube
Re: Ran rough...missed at higher rpms....no start
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 07:49:52 PM »
Manny.....
    I guess my first question up is.... was the fuel fresh on this incident and that last time before you tore it down?
    I'm guessing you have spark.... especially since you changed them out and the coils......

how long has it sat this time and before?  is the tank liner intact? ...

Just from what I've gotten from you message, it sounds like an injector(s) are plugged...

Throw some more info this way.....
Bruce
EH Rider X Moderator

Offline Jumper

• XHRC Rider Moderator
  • XH Rider XXXXX
Re: Ran rough...missed at higher rpms....no start
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 08:20:16 PM »
May check your IAC to make sure it is not gummed up. A fine crocus cloth can clean up the plunger and the bore.
Jumper