Author Topic: Jamie Jones sad news to share  (Read 213 times)

Offline mseastrom@gmail.com

• XHRC Rider Moderator
  • XH Rider XX
Jamie Jones sad news to share
« on: March 31, 2024, 01:05:58 PM »
With respect,

It is from the depths of sadness and with the heaviest heart that I assist our Great Good Friend Jamie Jones with this message: on March 18th Jamie was admitted to UVA Hospital. After many examinations and tests, and during a stay of 8 days, a diagnosis of terminal cancer of various kinds is now finally rendered by his doctors, who expect his stay here, with us, to be complete in two to three weeks. He seeks comfort and peace to enjoy his home now with his beloved wife Marty, and daughters Tracy and Amanda. In due course, Marty will join the household of her daughter Tracy in Tennessee.

And from our friend and brother, Jamie...

And, if we accidentally leave someone out of our goodbyes, know that we didn't forget you. Know that we thought of you, fondly, and the many times we had together, and your friendship. When you think of our times together, you honor us. So, if we don't get a chance to talk, well maybe it got late for me, and we went to bed early?

Peace,

Jamie

« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 05:10:11 PM by mseastrom@gmail.com »

Offline Donkey Hotey

• Bike Hoarder
  • XHRC Rider Moderator
  • XH Rider XXXXX
    • 2000 Excelsior Henderson 1525
Re: Jamie Jones sad news to share
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2024, 04:14:25 PM »
Damn, damn, damn. Jamie, I have to say that I used to both dread and look forward to ordering parts. It always meant I'd have an awesome conversation with one of you and at the same time, felt like I was keeping you from doing what you had to get done each day. There was never a phone call that was less than an hour and we always had good things to discuss, even beyond bikes. I especially appreciated your candor in running a small business and your daily challenges.

I hope you're comfortable and content being with your family. Know that there are many people who are with you in spirit, maybe not knowing what to say. I've never heard a bad word spoken about you. Well once, but that guy doesn't count! (I kid, I kid...don't want this message to be too heavy)
Greg

1525 since 2000 (Molly) 1989 since 2012 (Jennie) 0333 since 2015 (Beulah) 1663 since 2017 (Deadwood)
0738 since 2018 (Babe) 1940 since 2019 (Sinclair) 1555 since 2022 (Genesis)0315 since 2022 (Freedom)

Offline wytfut

• XHRC Rider Moderator
  • XH Rider XXXXX
  • What goes around, comes around
    • Grandpa Grumpy Pants X world        youtube
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2024, 05:42:52 PM »
Such a sad and sudden event. Jamie/Marty are THE epitome of the first 25 years of Excelsior Henderson Motorcycles. They both went beyond the call of a known number of machines built and owners. And made a living out of it.
Developing products and methods to improve the life/ride of our machines. All on their own sticking their necks out taking a chance with us all.
I too always knew it was going to be a lengthy conversation when I called Atlantic EH. Whether it was Jamie or Marty who answered. And those conversations will now be cherished for the rest of my times.
Jamie even called me a couple of times in the evening just to chat. Getting acquainted with each other, and solving world problems.
Pretty sure it wasn't just me. Pretty sure, they treated most if not all folks/customers the same.
I'll never forget a comment by Marty years ago......"all you Nebraska guys are so nice......" ...       and of course I laughed.
Gods speed Jamie. You've made your mark. For all of us to see, and never forget. 
You folks will be missed, as a huge hole is forming within the community.

Bruce Whitefoot
flatlandersupportingXworld
Bruce
EH Rider X Moderator

Offline Berlin Bob

• XH Rider XXXX
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2024, 06:02:25 PM »

In lieu of what has happened in the last two weeks...I would like to offer my services to help close the gap on the EH community as far as

info  and repairs to these fine machines...I have been working on these bikes  since 2002  and have  a lot of knowledge ...and what Jamie has

taught me .  Alot of info from him ,and I will miss that so much !!!  Any questions ?  my phone #  443-783-0920

I am on the east coast in Pittsville ,Md

Berlin Bob  ( Jumper gave me that name after a EH gathering at my place ...Delmarva Bike Week )

Offline Berlin Bob

• XH Rider XXXX
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2024, 07:15:32 AM »

Still can't believe it !!!  Our hearts and prayers are with Marty and family

Bob and Joann